What does it consist of?
In a short period of time, Texas Hold’em has become the most popular variant of Poker. It is also the most widely played in casinos all around the world.
In Gran Madrid we have a new room especially designed to host the most important poker tournaments, both at national and international levels.
In Texas Hold’em, multiple players play against each other to obtain the highest combination of cards.
Each player must combine 5 cards, in one of the following groups:
- Two cards in hand and three of the five displayed in a line in the table centre.
- One card in hand and four of the five community cards.
- Five community cards and no card in hand.
How to play?
Each game uses a complete deck of cards, i.e., 52 cards. The value of the ACE depends on its position in the series, being the lowest number in Ace-2-3-4-5 or the highest in the combination 10-J-Q-K-Ace.
The Gaming Directors establish the duration and limits of the game, if any.
Games begin with a minimum of four players who are distributed around the table.
The Casino establishes the initial amount of money or Stack with which the players participate in the game and the amount of rebuys, it also establishes the minimum quantity for a new player to join the game. The player is forced to make a rebuy when the amount of remaining chips is less than the minimum required.
The croupier then places a marker or button in front of the player to the right of the player who bets first and begins the game.
In order to defend the interests of all the players and to ensure a good development of the game, it is expressly forbidden to:
- Touch the community cards
- Playing in pairs or conspire between players
- It is prohibited to jointly play for the Pot, or
- Share it voluntarily.
- Buy or add chips to a player stack to increase it during a round
- To keep chips from the stack
- To lend money to other players
- To discuss a hand with other players while it is in progress
- To look at the cards of the other players, even if they do not play that turn
More about Poker Texas Hold'em
The game begins
With the cards shuffled and cut, all the participants make their initial bets. Half of the minimum of the table.
There are three modes:
“SPLIT LIMIT” the first two betting intervals are played with the lowest limit and the following intervals with the highest limit.
“POT LIMIT” the bet is limited by the amount of the pot.
“NO LIMIT” the maximum bet has no limit, but it cannot be less than the authorised bet and must be visible on the board.
The cards must always be view of the croupier and the other players. When it is their turn to bet, a player can:
1. “FOLD” and thus indicate that they withdraw, meaning they leave the round completely. The player must place their cards face down on the board so the croupier can withdraw them.
2. “CHECK” to indicate that they don’t want to bet, but remain in the game. If another player raises, they must cover or increase their bet in order to continue playing.
3. Cover or bet an amount equal to the initial bet by placing in the Pot the same amount as the rest of the players.
4. Raise the bet made by another player by placing in the Pot a sufficient amount of chips to do so.
Every time a round of betting is completed, the croupier separates a card from the deck and places it below the Pot.
After the fourth round of betting, players reveal their cards, beginning with the player who made the last highest bet. The Pot is paid to the player with the best combination of cards, or is distributed between different players with the same winning combination in proportion to their respective stacks.
. ROYAL FLUSH 100-1. The highest possible combination of the same suit, it begins with the Ace, as the highest card followed by K, Q, J and 10.
. STRAIGHT FLUSH 25-1. It consists of five sequential cards of the same suit.
. FOUR OF A KIND 20-1. Four cards with the same rank or number and one with a different rank or number.
. FULL HOUSE 7-1. Three cards with the same rank or number and other two with the same rank or number forming a pair.
. FLUSH 5-1. Five non-sequential cards of the same suit.
. STRAIGHT 4-1. Five sequential cards of different suits.
. THREE OF A KIND 3-1. Three cards with the same rank or number and other two without forming a pair.
. TWO PAIR 2-1. Two pairs of cards of two different ranks and one different card.
. ONE PAIR 1-1. Two cards with one rank or number.
. HIGH CARD 1-1. When in a round no player has one of the above-mentioned combinations, the player who has the highest card wins.
A new player cannot join the game if the vacant position obliges them to possess the “mark” or open the betting.
It is the responsibility of the Inspector or the leader of the match to ensure the correct development of the game, and to resolve any conflict in accordance with the legal framework of the Gambling Regulations of the Autonomous Region of Madrid. Their decisions will be mandatory and binding for everybody.
Before beginning the game and in accordance with the Gambling Regulations of the Community of Madrid, the Casino will ask every player to pay the bet for the game, or a percentage of that sum, always within the limits set by current legislation. The players will be told of this sum before the start of the game.
Texas Hold’em Torrelodones
20km from Madrid
Texas Hold’em Colón
In the heart of Madrid
Play Texas Hold’em online!
Gran Madrid now offers you the possibility to play blackjack in its online casino, so that you can enjoy all the excitement of the game wherever and whenever you want.Play now!